And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Thursday, March 26, 2009

WFRL: High Culture For Low Brows


Robert Crumb & His Cheap Suit Serenaders
Persian Rug

CLICK ME

After years of speculation, R. Crumb has finished his "Genesis project." According to his official website, the graphic novel is 201 pages and scheduled for release this fall.

Here's Crumb describing the project during a Time Magazine interview in 2005:

"I was fooling around with Adam and Eve one day. Doodling about Adam and Eve. At first I did this satirical take off on Adam and Eve -- lots of jokey asides and Jewish slang because they're Jewish right? God is Jewish ... Finally I got over fooling around and I realized I just had to tell it straight."

CRUMB: Maybe I should be more correct.

HUGHES: Why?

CRUMB: It's not nice to draw those pictures of women with no heads and those jiggaboo images of black people and stuff. I didn't realize how hurtful it was when I did it. I was surprised when people didn't love me after that. I want everyone to love me. Please love me.

Spring, 2009

Robert has finished the Genesis project. It's 201 pages. He has also finished the Cover, the Introduction, the commentary (for the back sleeve) and also the Map, which will be in the beginning of the book. The book is soon going to production and it's planned to be released this fall.

"I experienced an invasion of my mind
by a transcendentally rational mind,
as if I had been insane all my life
and suddenly I had become sane"
~ Philip K. Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment