And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Friday, February 13, 2009

WFRL: The King Must Die

Stop this day and night with me
and you shall possess the origin of all poems

You shall possess the good of the earth and sun....
there are millions of suns left.

You shall no longer take things at second or third hand....
nor look through the eyes of the dead
nor feed on the specters in books

You shall not look through my eyes either
nor take things from me

You shall listen to all sides and filter them from yourself
~ Walt Whitman



Elton John
The King Must Die

No man's a jester playing Shakespeare
Round your throne room floor
While the juggler's act is danced upon
The crown that you once wore

And sooner or later
Everybody's kingdom must end
And I'm so afraid your courtiers
Cannot be called best friends

Caesar's had your troubles
Widows had to cry
While mercenaries in cloisters sing
And the king must die

Some men are better staying sailors
Take my word and go
But tell the ostler that his name was
The very first they chose

And if my hands are stained forever
And the altar should refuse me
Would you let me in, would you let me in, would you let me in
Should I cry sanctuary

No man's a jester playing Shakespeare
Round your throne room floor
While the juggler's act is danced upon
The crown that you once wore

The king is dead, the king is dead
Long live the king


You will hardly know who I am or what I mean
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless
And filter and fibre your blood

No comments:

Post a Comment