And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Escalation

Wisdom shouts in the street;
in the squares she gives forth her voice.
She calls at the head of the noisy streets;
she utters her words
at the entrances of the gates in the city;
How long will you naive ones love naivete,
and the scoffers covet scoffing,
and the fools hate knowledge?
You shall repent because of my reproof;
behold!
I will pour out my spirit to you;
I will let you know my words.
Since I called you and you refused,
I stretched out my hand and no one listened,
and you have made nothing of all my advice,
and you did not desire my reproof
I, too, will laugh at your calamity,
I will scoff when what you fear comes;
when your fear comes like a storm,
and your calamity comes like a whirlwind;
when trouble and straits come upon you.
Then they will call me, and I will not answer;
they shall seek me, and they shall not find me.
Because they hated knowledge,
and did not choose the fear of the Lord;
they did not desire my advice,
they despised all my reproof-
they will eat of the fruit of their way,
and from their counsels they will be sated,
for the backsliding of the naive shall slay them,
and the tranquility of the fools
shall cause them to perish.
But he who hearkens to me shall dwell confidently
and shall be tranquil from the fear of harm
~ Proverbs 1

No comments:

Post a Comment