And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Monday, June 14, 2010

Livin' In The USA

The LORD spoke to me
with his strong hand upon me,
warning me not to follow the way
of this people.

He said:
Do not call conspiracy
everything that these people
call conspiracy
do not fear what they fear,
and do not dread it.
The LORD Almighty
is the one
you are to regard as holy,
he is the one you are to fear,
he is the one you are to dread,
and he will be a sanctuary;
but for both houses of Israel
he will be a stone
that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.
And for the people of Jerusalem
he will be a trap and a snare.
Many of them will stumble;
they will fall and be broken,
they will be snared and captured
Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law
among my disciples.

I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face
from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.
Here am I,
and the children the LORD has given me.
We are signs and symbols in Israel
from the LORD Almighty,
who dwells on Mount Zion.
When men tell you
to consult mediums and spiritists,
who whisper and mutter,
should not a people
inquire of their God?
Why consult the dead
on behalf of the living?

To the law and to the testimony!
If they do not speak
according to this word,
they have no light of dawn.
Distressed and hungry,
they will roam through the land;
when they are famished,
they will become enraged and,
looking upward,
will curse their king and their God.
Then they will look toward the earth
and see only distress
and darkness
and fearful gloom,
and they will be thrust
into utter darkness.
~ Isaiah 8

No comments:

Post a Comment