And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Sunday, November 8, 2009

WFRL: The Future


Give me back my broken night
my mirrored room, my secret life
it's lonely here,
there's no one left to torture
Give me absolute control
over every living soul
And lie beside me, baby,
that's an order!
Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture
Give me back the Berlin wall
give me Stalin and St Paul
I've seen the future, brother:
it is murder.

Things are going to slide,
slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore
The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
has crossed the threshold
and it has overturned
the order of the soul

When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant

You don't know me from the wind
you never will, you never did
I'm the little Jew
who wrote the Bible

I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival

Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going any further
And now the wheels of heaven stop
you feel the devil's riding crop
Get ready for the future:
it is murder

Things are going to slide ...

There'll be the breaking of the ancient western code
Your private life will suddenly explode
There'll be phantoms
There'll be fires on the road
and the white man dancing

You'll see a woman
hanging upside down
her features covered by her fallen gown
and all the lousy little poets coming round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson
and the white man dancin'

Give me back the Berlin wall
Give me Stalin and St Paul
Give me Christ
or give me Hiroshima
Destroy another fetus now
We don't like children anyhow
I've seen the future, baby:
it is murder

Things are going to slide ...

When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant...

After you have had children and grandchildren
and have lived in the land a long time—
if you then become corrupt
and make any kind of idol,
doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God
and provoking him to anger,
I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you this day
that you will quickly perish from the land
that you are crossing the Jordan to possess.
You will not live there long
but will certainly be destroyed.
The LORD will scatter you among the peoples,
and only a few of you will survive
among the nations to which the LORD will drive you.
There you will worship man-made gods
of wood and stone,
which cannot see or hear or eat or smell.
But if from there you seek the LORD your God,
you will find him if you look for him
with all your heart and with all your soul.
When you are in distress
and all these things have happened to you,
then in later days you will return
to the LORD your God
and obey him.
For the LORD your God is a merciful God;
he will not abandon or destroy you
or forget the covenant with your forefathers,
which he confirmed to them by oath.
~ Deuteronomy 4

No comments:

Post a Comment