And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Sunday, June 7, 2009

WFRL: I am calling you....



Then the LORD called Samuel.
Samuel answered,
"Here I am."
~ 1 Samuel 3:4

The LORD called Samuel a third time,
and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said,
"Here I am; you called me."
Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy.
~ 1 Samuel 3:8



I will call upon the LORD
to send thunder and rain.
And you will realize what an evil thing you did
in the eyes of the LORD when you asked for a king.
Then Samuel called upon the LORD,
and that same day the LORD sent thunder and rain.
So all the people stood in awe of the LORD
and of Samuel.
~ 1 Samuel 12 17:18

I call to the LORD,
who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
~ 2 Samuel 22:4



SAMUEL:

שׁמוּאל
שְׁמוּאֵל ‎ shemû‘êl
shem-oo-ale‘
From the passive participle of 8085 and 410
heard of God; Shemuel, the name of three Israelites: - Samuel, Shemuel.

H8085:
שׁמע
שָׁמַע ‎ shâma‛
shaw-mah‘
A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness.

H410
אל
אֵל ‎ ‘êl
ale
Shortened from 352 strength; as adjective mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.”



In my distress I called to the LORD;
I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came to his ears.
~ 2 Samuel 22:7

No comments:

Post a Comment