And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WFRL: Heretics & Killers

Salvatore Dali
Aliyah ~ Rebirth of Israel
1961



They called me the man
with the blood of Christ honesty
But tonight I drink with heathens
in our, our finest blasphemies
In wine there's truth
but in silence there's surrender
A screaming for the silence
in stunned suspicious terror
I built a temple in my life
and used God to seal the pillars
After twenty years of fighting
young heretics and killers
I watch my temple fall to pieces
at the first signs of oncoming weather
I fell to my knees
like Jesus in the cave,
I knew I would die
But my lips could only say;
I’m not your son
so why have you forsaken me?
There's a hole in my heart
but it just makes me unholy
Crucified that night
and I walked away with alter-egos
Like the prison priest
who preaches his dead and buried gospel
While my faith is in ruins
my duty still breathes strong
I'm a parrot in a cage
just saying prayers
to belong to a textbook
Of my crying, lying, dying history;
a textbook of my crying, lying, dying history;
a textbook of my crying;
a textbook of my lying ;
a textbook of my dying ;
a textbook of my history.

If you believed Moses,
you would believe me,
for he wrote about me.
~ John 5:46

No comments:

Post a Comment