And that is all.

Click Me! Support The Keith Richards Home For Aging Sluts

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Atonement & Holiness

For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Sovereign LORD.

Repent
and live!
Ezekiel 18:32

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.
So be earnest, and repent
Revelation 3:19



Scorpions ~ Crying Days

I am a voice of one calling : "In the desert prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God.
Isaiah 40:3

John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, "I am the voice of one calling in the desert, 'Make straight the way for the Lord.' "
John 1:23

Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Revelation 2:16
YOM KIPPUR guide at chabad.org: Atonement & Holiness

YOM KIPPUR is the holiest day of the Jewish year, and provides prophetic insight regarding the coming of Mashiach, the restoration of national Israel, and the final judgment of the world. It is also a day that reveals the High-Priestly work of the Mashiach Yeshua as Kohen Gadol (High Priest) after the order of Malki-Tzedek (Hebrews 5:10, 6:20).

The biblical name for the day of Atonement is Yom Kippurim, meaning “the day of covering, canceling, pardon, reconciling.” Yom Kippur was the only time when the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies and call upon the Name of YHVH to offer blood sacrifice for the sins of the people. This “life for a life” principle is the foundation of the sacrificial system and marked the great day of intercession made by the High Priest on behalf of Israel.

In Rabbinic Judaism, Yom Kippur marks the climax of the ten day period of repentance called the Days of Awe or yamim nora’im. In the Hebrew calendar, Erev Yom Kippur begins at nightfall on Tishri 9 and continues 25 hours through the next day until nightfall. It is a day marked by complete fasting, prayer, and additional synagogue services.

According to the Jewish sages, it was on Tishri 10 that Moses came down from Sinai bearing the second set of tablets, after God had forgiven Israel for worshipping the Golden Calf. This explains why Orthodox Jews begin the season of Teshuvah beginning with Elul 1 and continue through to Tishri 10 -- for the 40 days that Moses was upon the mountain receiving the second set of tablets.

Yom Kippur 2008 is on Thursday, the 9th of October.

READ IT ALL
"Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: 'Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood.
Ezekiel 39:17

'The days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will fulfill the gracious promise I made to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. 'In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line; he will do what is just and right in the land.In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety. This is the name by which it will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness.

For this is what the LORD says: 'David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, nor will the priests, who are Levites, ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to present sacrifices.' "

The word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: "This is what the LORD says: 'If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night no longer come at their appointed time, then my covenant with David my servant—and my covenant with the Levites who are priests ministering before me—can be broken and David will no longer have a descendant to reign on his throne. I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars of the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.' "
Jeremiah 33, 14 ~ 22



Kol Nidre prayer sung on Yom Kippur Eve
Cantorial soloist Rowna Sutin
Rodef Shalom Congregation, Pittsburgh



God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:
'I AM has sent me to you.'
Exodus 3:14

Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make straight your way before me
Psalm 5:8

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6



Bones, Thug & Harmony Order My Steps

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
Isaiah 30:15

"The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins," declares the LORD
Isaiah 59:20

O LORD, do not your eyes look for truth? You struck them, but they felt no pain; you crushed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent.
Jeremiah 5:3

I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. No one repents of his wickedness, saying, "What have I done?" Each pursues his own course like a horse charging into battle.
Jeremiah 8:6

Therefore this is what the LORD says: "If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. Let this people turn to you, but you must not turn to them.
Jeremiah 15:19

and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.
Jeremiah 18:8

After I strayed, I repented; after I came to understand, I beat my breast. I was ashamed and humiliated because I bore the disgrace of my youth.
Jeremiah 31:19

Recently you repented and did what is right in my sight: Each of you proclaimed freedom to his countrymen. You even made a covenant before me in the house that bears my Name.
Jeremiah 34:15

Will they not return to Egypt and will not Assyria rule over them because they refuse to repent?
Hosea 11:5

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "
Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."
Matthew 4:17

They went out and preached that people should repent.
Mark 6:12

I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Luke 5:32

and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem
Luke 24:47

First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds
Acts 26:20

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death
2 Corinthians 7:10

Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place
Revelation 2:5

Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you
Revelation 3:3

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world
1 John 2:2

Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.
Job 34:33

No comments:

Post a Comment